Gregory Jason Bell, MBA, MA, Ph.D.Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Gregory Jason Bell is an assistant professor in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Czech Republic. His research focuses on U.S. and Czechoslovak history. He is the author of 10 publications and the co-editor of an annual conference proceedings included in the Web of Science database.
Subjects: American Studies, Basics in Writing, Czechoslovak History
Consulting hoursTuesday 12pm-2pm
- 2004-2014: University of Cincinnati, OH, U.S. History, Doctorate
- 2002-2004: Marshall University, Huntington, WV, U.S. History, MA
- 1994-1996: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, Management, MBA
- 1990-1994: Davidson College, Davidson, NC, English Literature, BA
Internships and study stays
- 08-12/2017: Taraz State Pedagogical University, Taraz, Kazakhstan - Visiting Vice Rector for Strategic Development and Innovation
Process of employment
- 2009-2018, 2019-present: Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Faculty of Humanities, UMJL, Assistant Professor
- 2019: The Citadel, Adjunct Assistant Professor in Czechoslovak History
- 2017-2018: University of Cincinnati, Adjunct Assistant Professor in American History
- 2006-2009: Střední škola cestovního ruchu, Rožnov p.R., English Teacher
- 2004-2006: University of Cincinnati, Teaching Assistant and Adjunct Instructor
- 2002-2004: Marshall University, Charleston – Librarian
- 1996-2002: Florida Industries, Tampa, Director of Operations
Membership of expert organizations
2009-present: European Association of American Studies
2016-present: Florida Historical Society
2018-present: Sons of Confederate Veterans
2019-present: National Trust for Scotland
Bell, Gregory Jason. “‘An Island in the South’: The Tampa Bay Area as a Cultural Borderland, 1513-1904.” Ph.D. dissertation, University of Cincinnati, 2014. https://etd.ohiolink.edu/!etd.send_file?accession=ucin1396454119&disposition=inline.
Bell, Gregory Jason. “A Caribbean Borderland: The Tampa Bay Area during the Sixteenth Century.” Tampa Bay History 25, no. 1 (2011): 1-21.
Bell, Gregory Jason. “‘Advancing West Virginia’: Transforming the 1963 State Centennial Celebration into a ‘Big Sell’.” Ohio Valley History 9, no. 1 (2009): 40-64.