Mgr. Tomáš Karger, Ph.D.Research Centre of FHS
Tomáš Karger is a doctoral graduate of sociology at Palacký University in Olomouc with a dissertation thesis based on ethnographic research of knowledge networks in free and open-source software development. The dynamics of knowledge production and circulation represent a general research interest which navigates his work in studying digital technologies and the social aspects of memory. Currently, he is focusing on the practices of digital copying and the reproduction of collective memory in the conditions of postsocialism.
Consulting hoursIndividually arranged via email.
Internships and study stays
- 2013 Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science
- 2014 Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes
- 2015 Zentrum für interdisziplinäre Forschung
- 2016 Zentrum für interdisziplinäre Forschung
- 2017 University of Augsburg
- 2018 Karl-Franzens-Universität
Membership of expert organizations
- European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST)
- European Sociological Association (ESA)
- Czech Sociological Association (ČSS)