Mgr. Jan Kalenda, Ph.D.Research Centre of FHS
U18/438 - tel: +420 576 037 333
Jan Kalenda is a Senior Lecturer at the Research Centre of the Faculty of Humanities, TBU in Zlín, where he coordinates research in the field of social and pedagogical sciences. He deals with theoretical and empirical research in (1) sociology, (2) adult education (andragogy) and (3) human resource management. In relation to education of adults, he has dealt in recent years intensively with the issue of participation/non-participation of adults in further education, barriers to it and changes to institutional environment of education of adults in the Czech Republic, and also with the requirements for knowledge and skills of workforce in the Czech Republic and methodological issues of adult education research.
Consulting hoursFriday: 13:30pm - 15:30pm
- 2010–2013: Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, doctoral degree in Sociology
- 2008–2010: Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, master’s degree in Sociology – Andragogy
- 2005–2008: Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, bachelor’s degree in Sociology – Andragogy
Process of employment
- since 2017: Tomas Bata University in Zlín, Vice-rector pro Pedagogical Activities
- 2013–2017: Tomas Bata University in Zlín, head of the Research Centre of the Faculty of Humanities
- 2014–2016: Faculty of Arts, Palacký University Olomouc, Department of Sociology, Andragogy, and Cultural Anthropology
- 2012–2013: Tomas Bata University in Zlín, assistant professor at the Department of Pedagogical Sciences, Faculty of Humanities.